Wednesday, April 14, 2010

NYC @ film


What's your favourite film image of New York City? Maybe the opera backdrops passing by Cher in Moonstruck? Or the art deco skyline of Ghostbusters? For some of us (me) it's the bookstore in Hannah and Her Sisters, where Elliott finds and gives Leigh the book of e.e. cummings poetry. Well I am off on my very first ever trip to New York - and away from this blog - for a couple of days, and will have my eyes wide open for these and other lovely, iconic scenes.

(Image: logoi.com.)

PS. And speaking of NYC icons, think of what's befallen the Statue of Liberty in her film career. Buried in sand (Planet of the Apes), hit with a glacial tidal wave (The Day After Tomorrrow), beheaded by a gargantuan alien (Cloverfield). I can imagine her on the phone to her agent: "Can't you at least get me a speaking part? Just one line?")

No comments: