Friday, May 21, 2010

And we got a holiday - will you run away?


What's your preference for May 24th? Heading out to the woods for some trouting? Opening up the cabin for a few rounds of r&c and 120s? Firing up the backyard BBQ and letting the young ones eat as many hot dogs as they want? Hope you have great fun doing what you like. Me, I'm close to home this long weekend, wandering what seems like a quiet city. But I'll have some compensations. First, I'll finally have time to catch the beautiful and talented Alan Doyle in Robin Hood. Second, there's a new issue of Riddlefence on the go, and you just know it's going to be a wicked read. And third, and I really love this, I heard a busker on Water Street yesterday, singing Lady Ga Ga's Telephone, and she was excellent.* Really hope to see her performing over this first of the seasonal holidays.

(Image: eta.co.uk.com.)

*Subliminal message: support the good buskers!

No comments: