Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Counting down the season


Here we are in that final lap of the year, that calendar curve between Christmas and New Year's; I hope one well stocked with treats, visits and parties. We're checking our email and phone, in and out of the NQ office, but mostly, it is true, out, with places to go and people to see and chocolate oranges to savour. And maybe some recharging time to find. This last is hard to do, I know, when you are very used to working. Every day. Until 6. Or 7. Or - well, no time like the present to turn over a new leaf, or fold yourself up in a duvet and lie on the sofa, at least for a day or two. I know I'm relaxing when I do something I never do - watch TV during the daytime. You wouldn't want to be at it all the time, I guess, but a few days of Much More Music's Top 100 Videos (catch this from UNKLE) and the original British version of Life on Mars can be most restorative. Help you plan that New Year's Eve party menu, design one or two thrilling resolutions, and get 2011 off on the right foot.

(Image: vintage card, typepad.com.)

No comments: