Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fine tuning February


One month to copy deadline, and February is one quarter fini. It is hard to get through this time of year. I have been treating myself to nice flowers and great theatre - The Fights, Pains of Youth, The Drawer Boy - and next up are two pieces by Anton Chekhov, The Proposal and The Dangers of Tobacco, opening at the Basement Theatre Feb. 16. Plus I ordered Beethoven's Symphony no 7 - the 2nd movement is the piece of music that plays at the climax of The King's Speech, in case you were wondering; I was, so I asked my classical-music-playing sister. And the record Jason Statham plays whilst chilling between assassinations in The Mechanic? That would be Schubert's Trio in E-Flat, Op. 100. Culture, culture everywhere.

(Image: Schubert at the Piano, by Gustav Klimt.)

No comments: